to access the online application.
If you would prefer to print the scholarship application and mail or fax it in,
download it. You may then fax to PVF at 717.220.1461 or mail it to
Pennsylvania Veterinary Foundation, 8574 Paxton Street, Hummelstown, PA 17036.
Deadline for all applications and accompanying materials is May 31
of the current year.
- One or more scholarships will be awarded annually.
- The recipient(s) will be selected by the Scholarship Committee and recommendations made to the Board
of Trustees of the Pennsylvania Veterinary Foundation (PVF).
- The first installment of the scholarship funds will be distributed after September 1 of the current year, and the second installment of the scholarship funds will be distributed after January 1 of the following year.
- The recipients will be selected from nominations submitted by the deans of colleges or schools of veterinary medicine in the United States. The scholarship will be made payable to the recipient’s veterinary college, and will be restricted to use for paying tuition, fees, or
books by the student. The funds cannot be used for personal expenses.
scholarship grant(s) will be given with no obligation but the recipients will be
encouraged to consider donating to the Pennsylvania Veterinary Foundation (PVF)
Scholarship fund in the future and/or soliciting other donors to assure its
- Selection of recipients will be based on demonstrated
financial need first, and then their year of graduation (fourth year students
before third year). All applicants must be current residents of the Commonwealth
- The scholarship funds will be provided on an equal
opportunity basis with respect to race, religion, national origin, and sexual
- Following the selection process, PVF will provide
written announcement of the scholarship awards.
- Nominees must be current legal residents of Pennsylvania.
- Nominees must be
third or fourth year students at any school or college of veterinary medicine
accredited by the Federal Department of
Education and the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Each nominee must
demonstrate financial need as determined by the school’s student financial aid
office or through submission of financial data comparable to that used by the
student financial aid office in determination of levels of need.
character and dedication of each nominee will be taken into consideration. The
names and contact information for two or more references who are familiar with
the applicant’s financial need and character should be included with the
scholarship application. A current veterinary faculty member of the student’s
veterinary college and a Pennsylvania veterinarian must serve as two of the
- Each application must be approved by the Dean of the
college of the applicant.
- Each nominee must submit a written biography not to
exceed 1 page. The biography should contain information on education and work
experience, extracurricular activities, membership in professional and student
organizations, honors and awards, career goals and aspirations, and any other
relevant information that will aid the Scholarship Committee in their decision.
- Each nominee must provide a current college transcript.
Deadline for Applications
The deadline for all scholarship applications is May 31.
Instructions to Applicant
Prepare three copies of the application:
- Send the original copy by May 31 to the PVF Scholarship Committee.
- Give one copy to the dean’s office.
- Retain one copy for your own information.
Print or type clearly. Any application that is illegible will not be considered.
If additional space is needed, use separate sheets of paper. You may also
complete the application online by clicking here.
Note: If you complete the
application online, supporting materials and the Certificate of Academic
Standing and Residence must be submitted by mail or emailed as a PDF to
- Please read the entire application prior to completion. All
questions must be answered. If an application is not complete, it will not be
considered. The application must be verified by the the Certificate of Academic
Standing and Residence by your dean and existing indebtedness by your financial
The deadline for application submission is May 31. Your
application will not be considered if received after May 31.
Without exception, no award will be made without submission of the following
(check off when completed):
- Completed application with appropriate signatures.
- The name and contact information of references from a veterinary faculty member and a Pennsylvania veterinarian.
- A written biography not to exceed one page.
- Current college transcript.
For more information, contact Liz Moquin, Director of Administration & Operations, at
email@example.com or 888.550.7862.