Click here to access the online application.
If you would prefer to print the scholarship application and mail or fax it in,
click here to download it. You may then fax to PVF at 717.220.1461 or mail it to
Pennsylvania Veterinary Foundation, 8574 Paxton Street, Hummelstown, PA 17036.
Deadline for all applications and accompanying materials is
One scholarship in the amount of $3,000 - $5,000 will be awarded annually.
- The Pennsylvania Veterinary Foundation (PVF) will provide information for this
scholarship application to the deans of colleges and schools of veterinary
medicine for them to distribute as appropriate.
- Scholarship recipient(s) will be selected by the Scholarship Committee and recommendations made to the Board
of Trustees of the Pennsylvania Veterinary Foundation.
- Scholarship checks will be issued according to requirements for each veterinary college, but will
be restricted for paying tuition, fees or books by the student. The funds cannot
be used for personal expenses.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed in two equal payments. The first installment of the scholarship funds will be
distributed after September 1, and the second installment of the scholarship
funds will be distributed after January 1 of the following year.
- Scholarship grant(s) will be given with no obligation but each recipient is encouraged to
join the Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA) and consider donating to
the scholarship fund in the future. To join as a member of PVMA, please go to
www.pavma.org and select PVMA Membership and choose Join PVMA from the drop down
list. Student membership is dues free.
- The scholarship funds will be provided
on an equal opportunity basis with respect to race, religion, national origin,
and sexual orientation.
- Following the selection process, the Trustees will
provide written announcement of the scholarship awards.
- The Pennsylvania
Veterinary Foundation grants scholarships to veterinary students who are current
residents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
must be legal residents of Pennsylvania.
- Nominees must be entering their
third or fourth year at any school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the Federal Department of Education and the American
Veterinary Medical Association.
- Each nominee must provide evidence of their
leadership qualifications and experience.
- The character and dedication of each nominee will be taken into consideration.
The names and contact information for two or more references familiar with the
applicant’s character should be included with the scholarship application. A
veterinarian must serve as one of
- Each nominee must submit a written biography not to exceed
one page. The biography should contain information on leadership experience,
education and work experience, extracurricular activities, membership in
professional and student organizations, honors and awards, career goals and
aspirations, and any other relevant information that will aid the Scholarship
Committee in their decision.
- Each nominee must provide a current college
Deadline for Applications
The deadline for all scholarship applications is May 31.
Instructions to Applicant
- A. Prepare three copies of the
- Send the original copy by May 31 to the PVF Scholarship
- Give one copy to the dean’s office.
- Retain one copy for your
- B. The application sent to the Scholarship Committee must be
accompanied by the names and contact information of two or more references who
know your character and need. One of your references must be a member of your
veterinary faculty and one must be a veterinarian in the Commonwealth of
- C. Print or type clearly. Any application that is illegible will
not be considered. If additional space is needed, use separate sheets of paper.
You may also complete the application online at www.pavma.org and click on PVF
Scholarship. Note: If you complete the application online, supporting materials
and the Certificate of Academic Standing and Residence must be submitted by mail
or emailed as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- D. Please read the entire application
prior to completion. All questions must be answered. If an application is not
complete, it will not be considered. The application must be verified by the
Certificate of Academic Standing and Residence by your dean and existing
indebtedness by your financial aid officer.
- E. The deadline for submission of
application is May 31. Your application will not be considered if received after
- F. Without exception, no award will be made without submission of the
following (check off when completed):
- Completed application, signed by your
dean and financial officer.
- The name and contact information of references
from a veterinary faculty member and a Pennsylvania veterinarian.
- A written
biography not to exceed one page.
- Current college transcript.
For more information, contact Liz Moquin, Director of Administration and
Operations, at email@example.com or